Wednesday, 15 April 2009

Taxi

Apparently there's a taxi colour coding system in Shanghai. 
Pastels are good.



But steer clear of the reds. They can get really angry.


There's also a star system. I'm not quite sure what drivers have to do to earn a star (pretty certain they're not awarded for their driving skills), but apparently if they have 5, then they can speak English. Most of mine normally have 1 or 2, but I did get into a 4-star taxi last night. Didn't notice any difference, mind. If anything he was a little nonchalant.



As well as stars, each driver has a number, and apparently they've been given these consecutively. So this is the 172,599th driver in Shanghai. 
I'd love a ride in a single-digit-er before I leave. Bet he'd have 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. It's the low digit and low star driver you want to watch out for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. Will keep my eyes peeled.

    ReplyDelete